Social Hospitality accepts guest posts from interested contributors.
We reserve the right to accept or reject guest post submissions on a case-by-case basis.
We recommend first reaching out with your proposed title or topic. Once we give the green light, then proceed with your article.
For an article to be accepted, it must meet the following guidelines:
- Relevancy to Niche: It MUST tie in to hospitality and digital marketing (preferably social media) or technology (i.e. mobile devices). Topics related to hospitality OR digital marketing/social media will also be considered, but it MUST tie in to at least one of these two fields.
- Quality of Content: Do you have clear ideas, concise advice and good thoughts? If so, you’re good to go! Posts simply containing broad generalities will not be admitted. Please be specific and include examples when applicable.
- Quality of Writing: The content must be presented in a well-written, naturally-flowing manner. If we have to spend more than 5 minutes editing, we will send back for you to revise.
- Linking Policy: You may include links to your own sites or those of your clients. Please make sure the link is naturally incorporated into the text of your article. If it doesn’t really fit, please feel free to include the link(s) in your bio. If the post is an obvious link grab and nothing else, it will be declined. The article must provide value to our readers.
- Be Nice: Please understand that, due to certain circumstances (such as a high quality of articles submitted in a short period), we may get backed up and have items lined up to be shared over the coming weeks. If you’re rude or argumentative about this in any way, your post won’t be added to the queue. (This has happened!) We are not a portal for you to simply spread links on the web to meet a deadline; we strive to uphold the value of content posted, as well as be fair to everyone who submits content.
- Be Transparent: Don’t pitch yourself as someone that writes about travel, then send over an article on online dating, then ask if we’ll “accept it anyway” when we say it doesn’t fit. (This has also happened.)
Thank you for adhering to these guidelines. We strive to provide the most quality content possible and hope that these guidelines set reasonable expectations and keep our readers pleased.
Please fill out the form below to submit a guest post proposal. Include an image (to which you have rights) as well. If multiple images are to be included and you’re not able to attach them all via the form, please make note and we’ll email you directly for any follow-up materials.
Please, too, include a brief bio to be included at the end of your post when it goes live.
You will receive an email from Debbie within 48 hours if your proposed content has been approved for posting. If you do not hear back in that time frame, that means not all of the guidelines have been met and your content was not approved.