Does your content generate reactions from those who read, listen to, or watch it? If it doesn’t, it’s time to learn how to create engaging content that drives viewers or readers to act. But how can you succeed at creating engaging content?
First, realize content marketing isn’t just about educating your audience. Instead, it’s about making them realize that you have a solution to a problem they have. This way, you can create content that gets visitors to your site, convinces them to opt-in, and turns them into life-long customers. Sounds complicated, right? It’s not.
This post explains tactics you can use to create engaging content that helps drive conversions.
1. Write Killer Headlines
Creating engaging content starts with the art of writing magnetic headlines. But how can you ensure your headlines catch your audiences’ attention?
Try to include numbers, power words, emotion words, and keywords in your title. You can also leverage content creation tools like the Headline Analyzer From CoSchedule or the HubSpot Blog Idea Generator to develop great headlines.
2. Optimize Your Pages
You now have great headlines that drive traffic to your site. However, if that traffic doesn’t convert, then there’s no point. What’s the trick to getting your traffic to convert? Optimize each of your pages for conversion.
To start, create a content plan that identifies your goals. Assess the teams involved in creating engaging content. Your plan should also outline whom your content addresses, what it says, how you say it, where to distribute, and how to track performance.
Then, optimize pages for conversion by addressing the following elements:
- Add pop-ups encouraging the audience to take action.
- Make form fields short and only request the necessary information.
- Include live-chat.
- Use emotions and urgency.
- Upsell, recommend, and cross-sell depending on audience browsing history, needs, and purchases.
- A/B test elements such as headlines, calls-to-action (CTAs), colors, etc.
- Ensure your content clearly explains your offer and benefits.
- Include primary and related keywords.
- Use an attractive design.
- Increase loading speed.
- Display testimonials and reviews.
- Make navigation simple.
- Include trust seals and verified payment systems.
3. Ensure CTAs Convert
Creating engaging content is not enough. You want your visitors to perform specific actions. To get them to do so, use strong calls-to-action (CTAs) that direct the next steps to take.
How can you create effective CTAs that drive clicks and conversions? Leverage the following tips:
- Use few CTAs to avoid overwhelming viewers.
- Make sure viewers understand what they get once they click on the CTA.
- Utilize healthy chunks of whitespace to draw your audience to CTAs.
- Use heat mapping tools to understand click patterns and measure visitor activity.
- Leverage power words and first-person CTAs.
- A/B test different color combinations and button shapes.
- Avoid disruptive pop-ups.
- Strategically place your CTAs by considering the natural reading behavior of viewers. This way, the reader does not have to scroll back to find a CTA they saw.
4. Move Audiences Along the Funnel with Content
Why do people conduct searches online? They want to grow, learn, be entertained, discover new things, or improve their lives. And guess what? Each content piece you publish should help your audience achieve all or some of these things. It should offer value, solve people’s problems, or entertain.
The best part? You have numerous content types to choose from when creating engaging content that educates. Some of the content types you can use are tutorials, blog posts, infographics, how-to videos, etc.
To drive conversions with content, deliver your information at the right time and in the right context. To do this, collect data about your visitors and understand their stage in the funnel. This allows you to optimize conversion rates by sending content that moves them along the funnel. And guess what? It’s achievable! 64% of marketers in a study used content marketing to generate leads, 84% to create brand awareness, and 48% to drive sales.
How can you replicate this success?
- Encourage those in the awareness stage to trust your brand by creating engaging content that establishes you as a thought leader. You can also contribute to Q&A sites and forums with relevant answers that direct people to find out more about those topics on your blog.
- Share lead magnets offering practical tips on how to solve problems in the consideration stage.
- Send product demos, how-to videos, and testimonials during the purchase stage.
- Leverage personalized offers and run reward programs to retain customers.
5. Track and Optimize
Do you pay attention to what motivates your leads to convert? If not, start regularly tracking your content performance. This way, you can keep creating engaging content that attracts leads, nurtures them, and convinces them to convert.
You can use traffic analytics tools to track how your audience responds to your content. Based on this data, you learn how engaging your content is plus more about traffic sources, audience behavior, and preferred content types. These tools can also help you find new conversion opportunities or monitor competitors. Use these insights to create engaging content that drives conversions.
Ready to Start Creating Engaging Content That Converts?
Creating engaging content that converts may not be an easy task, but it’s doable. It starts with creating a content marketing plan, understanding your audience, and developing content that moves them along the funnel. It’s also crucial to track each content piece and use the insights to improve performance.