The process of growing your online brand involves continually extending your domain of authority and influence. With this in mind, it’s important to think about what you can do to make your online presence increasingly compelling and competitive.
Luckily, there are many strategies you can utilize to realize this objective. Here are three of them:
1. Do Target Market Research
To make your online marketing efforts effective, learn as much as you can about your target audience. Doing so will help you use the right language and share the ideal images when making people more familiar with your brand.
There are several types of information you’ll want to attain about your target market so that you can have an accurate, up-to-date understanding of who they are. Here are some things to consider as you get started:
- Who are your customers? Specifically, what are their education levels, genders, occupations, ages, etc.? Creating buyer personas helps hone in on specific details about your precise customer.
- What motivates these individuals? Do they have specific hobbies, needs, and/or interests? Based on this data, what kind of services, products, and features would they most likely be interested in purchasing?
- When are your customers most likely to purchase your services or products? Do they purchase seasonally, once, or in terms of a pattern created by a subscription? In some cases, customers only make a purchase when their current product breaks. Also note that some people make spontaneous purchases based on how they’re feeling in the moment.
2. Use Social Media to Increase Brand Awareness
One great way to make your company more compelling and competitive online is by using social media for brand awareness. This approach is empowering because it gives you the opportunity to share your product or service line with prospects in a casual, engaging manner that is decidedly distinct from the more formal, detached mode of interaction that transpires with some of the other traditional advertising modalities out there.
Note that there are many social media platforms through which you can start building relationships with your target audience so it’s important to strategize which is the best fit for your brand. Figure out where your audience hangs out on social and spend your time optimizing those specific channels.
One particular strategy you can utilize to make your brand more compelling in social media space is the use of Twitter polls. These polls are important because they provide you with an opportunity to ask your audience specific questions. Doing so shows them that you really care what they think about your brand and the level of satisfaction they attain upon using your products or services.
Also note that Twitter polls function as a research modality through which you can make more informed decisions regarding things like which products you sell and how you market them.
3. Software, Software, Software
In addition to thinking critically about things like brand awareness and how it can be actualized via social media, start focusing in on the efficacy of purchasing the right software. Software helps automate a wide range of business-related processes, thereby saving you and your staff time and money.
When you start thinking about which software products would be ideal for your company in terms of ecommerce optimization, consider the value of shopping cart software. Many companies offer domain registration services that make streamlining your online assets easy.
Generally, success doesn’t just happen. Rather, it results from people constantly, consciously implementing changes that generate the desired outcome. If you’re trying to make your organization more competitive and compelling online, it’s time to put a strategic plan in place so that you can operate in an orderly yet organic manner. Utilize some or all of the techniques outlined above to start the growth process!